Welcome to Angella's world : )

^ ^

2006/09/16

THE RED VIOLIN

Today is saturday. But I have not any plane. So I decided watching movie by media player. But I can't choose which one watching movie. That time I hit upon an that movie information site recommendation movie about 'THE RED VIORIN'. So I watching this movie. This movie Director is François Girard. And This movie show was 4th Pusan International Film Festival. Girard has assembled a huge international cast to present five key episodes in the violin's history. In the first, the creator, Nicolo Bussotti (Carlo Cecchi) labors on the instrument as a present for his unborn child. Meanwhile, his wife, Anna (Irene Grazioli), uncertain about the stability of her pregnancy, seeks advice on the future from a fortune-teller. A century later, the violin has become the property of an orphanage outside of Vienna. It is there that Georges Poussin (Jean-Luc Bideau) discovers it in the possession of an amazing prodigy, young Kaspar Weiss (Christoph Koncz), whom he intends to instruct himself. Soon afterwards, Lord Frederick Pope (Jason Flemyng), a popular concert violinist, takes possession of the fiddle and makes it his instrument of choice. But, as his career flourishes, his personal life is thrown into turmoil when his beloved mistress, Victoria (Greta Scacchi), leaves him behind to take a trip to Russia. By the early 20th century, the violin has come into the possession of Xiang Pei (Sylvia Chang) in Shanghai, but she must hide it or face punishment from an establishment that deems all Western instruments to be a corrupting influence. When the violin re-surfaces in 1997 Montreal, Charles Morritz (Samuel L. Jackson) and Evan Williams (Don McKellar) work to restore the instrument so it can bring a huge price at auction. I want play violin all along watching movie. When I was young I played violin. And my dream was violinist or vocalist. But my parents didn't want that. So I must give up my dreams. If I give chance by play the violin. That time I'm never give up my dream. Anyway the movie is very good. Not only story constitution was very good but also beautifully composed motion picture. I recommend this movie.

0 Comments:

댓글 쓰기

<< Home